This course is a new addition to the trainings available at LCPC, and forms what will now be the first year of the 3 year Diploma. However, it is also available as a stand alone course for those who prefer to extend and improve their relational abilities and understanding, as well as for those wishing to follow a career in counselling. Taking in a range of approaches and theoretical perspectives, the course is largely designed to give participants practical experience of improving listening, responding and understanding self and others.
When – Thursdays 1830-2130 from January 2022 – COURSE FULL
– Tuesdays 0930-1230 from May 2022
Duration – 30 Weeks
Location – Leicester Centre for Psychodynamic Counselling (LCPC), 12 Princess Road West, Leicester, LE1 6TP
To register for the Certificate Course, please Apply here
- The Certificate is designed to give a thorough understanding of the basic counselling skills, as well as opportunity to practice and develop these skills with peers.
- These skills will then form the basis of improving relational skills in many situations – with friends, family and colleagues.
- The course also gives insight into counselling as a career, though the skills being developed here are useful in more general settings too.
- We examine and enhance skills such as demonstrating empathy, active listening, reading non-verbal communication and body language, asking open questions and being reflective.
- An exploration of key theoretical concepts in counselling, as well as the major considerations in the practice and process of counselling.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed to help individuals develop counselling skills and competency. It is open to anyone who would like to enhance their active listening, capacity for empathy and understanding of others, relational skills, understanding basic human motivation and communication patterns.
- The course may be of interest to anyone who works with people, particularly in occupations where relationships may be difficult or present particular challenges.
There are no official entry requirements.