The next certificate course available
This is running over 5 Tuesday evenings in March 2020;
03rd , 10th, 17th, 24th Finishing on 31st March 2020, from 18:30 until 21:30
We will also schedule a 3 day course on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, date to be confirmed.
For either Date, Please Apply here
- The Certificate is designed to give a thorough understanding of the basic counselling skills, as well as opportunity to practice and develop these skills with peers.
- These skills will then form the basis of improving relational skills in many situations – with friends, family and colleagues.
- The course also gives insight into counselling as a career, and forms the entry requirement for our 2 year Diploma course, though the skills being developed here are useful in more general settings too.
- We examine and enhance skills such as demonstrating empathy, active listening, reading non-verbal communication and body language, asking open questions and being reflective.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed to help individuals develop basic counselling skills and competency. It is open to anyone who would like to enhance their active listening, capacity for empathy and understanding of others, relational skills, understanding basic human motivation and communication patterns.
- The course may be of interest to anyone who works with people, particularly in occupations where relationships may be difficult or present particular challenges. It is also a requirement for those who wish to progress on to the Psychodynamic Counselling Diploma.
There are no official entry requirements.
Attendance and Duration
This is an intensive 3 day weekend course which is runs from 10am-5pm Friday – Sunday, or can be done over 5 Tuesday Evenings from 6.30pm – 9.30pm all sessions do need to be attended to meet the Certificate requirements.
Location: 12 Princess Road West, Leicester, LE1 6TP
This includes refreshments and a certificate on completion.