This course is now Full, We will be announcing another date soon, if you would like to know when this will be, email; email@example.com
We are pleased to announce the Counselling Skills Certificate Course has been rescheduled.
We are holding the 3 day course on a Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February 2021
Time; 10am until 5pm
Location; Mercure Leicester, The Grand Hotel, Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6ES
To register, please Apply here
- The Certificate is designed to give a thorough understanding of the basic counselling skills, as well as opportunity to practice and develop these skills with peers.
- These skills will then form the basis of improving relational skills in many situations – with friends, family and colleagues.
- The course also gives insight into counselling as a career, and forms the entry requirement for our 2 year Diploma course, though the skills being developed here are useful in more general settings too.
- We examine and enhance skills such as demonstrating empathy, active listening, reading non-verbal communication and body language, asking open questions and being reflective.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed to help individuals develop basic counselling skills and competency. It is open to anyone who would like to enhance their active listening, capacity for empathy and understanding of others, relational skills, understanding basic human motivation and communication patterns.
- The course may be of interest to anyone who works with people, particularly in occupations where relationships may be difficult or present particular challenges. It is also a requirement for those who wish to progress on to the Psychodynamic Counselling Diploma.
There are no official entry requirements.
Attendance and Duration
This is an intensive 3 day weekend course which is runs from 10am-5pm Friday – Sunday, or can be done over 5 Tuesday Evenings from 6.30pm – 9.30pm all sessions do need to be attended to meet the Certificate requirements.
Location: Mercure Hotel, Leicester, LE1 6ES
This includes refreshments and a certificate on completion.