The next certificate course available is the weekend course.
This is running Friday 15th March – Sunday 17th March. The course runs 10.00am-5.00pm. Apply here
Following this, we are running a 5-week course on Tuesday evenings from 14th May – 18th June (Tuesday 28th off due to half term holiday), 6.30-9.30pm. Apply here
- The Certificate is designed to give a thorough understanding of the basic counselling skills, as well as opportunity to practice and develop these skills with peers.
- These skills will then form the basis of improving relational skills in many situations – with friends, family and colleagues.
- The course also gives insight into counselling as a career, and forms the entry requirement for our 2 year Diploma course, though the skills being developed here are useful in more general settings too.
- We examine and enhance skills such as demonstrating empathy, active listening, reading non-verbal communication and body language, asking open questions and being reflective.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed to help individuals develop basic counselling skills and competency. It is open to anyone who would like to enhance their active listening, capacity for empathy and understanding of others, relational skills, understanding basic human motivation and communication patterns.
- The course may be of interest to anyone who works with people, particularly in occupations where relationships may be difficult or present particular challenges. It is also a requirement for those who wish to progress on to the Psychodynamic Counselling Diploma.
There are no official entry requirements.
Attendance and Duration
Students can choose to study either 1 evening per week for 5 weeks (usually Monday evening) 6.30-9.30 or an intensive 3 day weekend course which is run 10:00-5pm Friday – Sunday.
Location: 12 Princess Road West, Leicester, LE1 6TP
This includes refreshments and a certificate on completion.
- The next weekend course is running Friday 15th March – Sunday 17th March. The course runs 10.00am-5.00pm.
- The next 5-week course will run on Tuesday evenings and begins on 14th May through to 18th June, 6.30-9.30pm.
Apply here for both courses.